At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Empty
PostSubject: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:23 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] (this is Bath, and they live right up over those hills.)

Caroline Yashnid woke up one morning, one uncomfortably warm July morning, at around ten. She opened up her curtains and smiled out at her favorite city in the world, her own hometown. With its beautiful buildings, architecture, greenery, and people, it was definitely a great city. Caroline had been to London with her dad once, when she was smaller, and had begged to come home. Absolutely nothing, no other city in the world, could beat it.

The entire reason Selia had enticed Jake to move out here was very simple; She had taken a business trip, a seminar on how to control calories in your baking, out to Bath. Immediately, she had fallen in love with the city, rushed home as soon as the seminar was over, and begged Jake to move. She had begged and pleaded, offered up brownies, sweets, anything she could. She had asked him to get a job, anything to just get a house in Bath. That wasn't an easy task- that real estate was going up at the moment. Eventually, after two weeks of straight searching, they had found a foreclosure fifteen miles out of town. It was quaint, and beautiful, and perfect for a family. So they sold the apartment (but only after they had bought the other house, as it was impractical to be homeless with children), bought the house near Bath, and settled down. Selia, eventually, started another sweet shop franchise in Bath, and things were extraordinarily tight when Caroline was younger (2009-2011). But, they had made it without losing the house, and now both sweetshops were making a good profit, the house only had a couple of thousand dollars left to pay off, the credit card debts were nearly in the black, and things were going quite well.

Caroline turned from her window, having spent a good six minutes smiling dumbly out at the city, and started to get dressed. She wasn't wearing anything special- a solid toned tanktop (she had just about every color of these, since they were good to work out in, lounge around in, anything) and some stretchy jeans. Looking at her closet, she didn't have much else in there. There was her green, silver, and black Slytherin uniform from her first year of Hogwarts- hopefully it would still fit for her second-a dress her sister had insisted on buying her for her birthday, more jeans, and some molding food. "I should probably get that out.." Caroline said, staring at it, but she just shrugged and walked off.

What would she do today? Bike riding.. Eating.. She could go back to sleep, but it would be hard. She practiced her Karate for too long yesterday, and didn't feel like it today, although dad would probably push her to. Maybe a bike ride would be fun.

After putting her hair in a ponytail (it was so long that it would get in her face), she went out into the hallway. Partly out of an obligation to tell her sister, and partly out of a desire to wake her up if she already wasn't awake, she knocked loudly on Charlotte's door.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:29 pm

[Isn't Caroline in Leah and Matilda's year? o3o]]

Charlotte opened the door revealing a blast of loud teen pop music, and raised an eyebrow. "What do you want, Caroline?" Now, Charlotte was very pretty. She had a boyish haircut that was a dark, dark honey color- almost black, but not quite, and nice and smooth and pixie-like. She had the slight Asian eyes, and such, but not quite. She was very pretty, too. After all, she was quite popular at school. "So?" she demanded, and leaned against the door frame.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 pm

[No, she's a year older. That still doesn't mean she can't be friends with them if she wanted. She doesn't really care.. UNLESS that messes up your age for Charlotte.]

Caroline, as usual, scowled at the sight of her sister and her girly crap. Now, Caroline wasn't bad-looking. No, she was only a point and a half down from Charlotte, and had many of the same Asian features. But she just didn't care. In fact, if it wasn't unhealthy, Caroline probably wouldn't even brush her teeth.
But, that was aside from the point. "One, turn that crap down. Couldn't you listen to something more punky? I lent you that CD of Vanilla Sky.. Also, I'm going biking. Do you want to come?"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:43 pm

[[Nope! Why would it? XD]]

"Hell yeah I want to go biking! And are you saying that Owl City is girly crap? It's deep, and emotional, and meaningful. Unlike you. Now just go get the bikes ready, I'll be right down."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:47 pm

"Vanilla Sky is deep and emotional! Owl City is slow crap. And, I'll meet you outside."

About ten minutes later, Caroline was standing next to her bike (originally pink, but spray painted with black stripes on it to make it a bit less girly. Also, the streamers on the handlebars had been cut off when she was eleven.) and Charlotte's. She was rolling her eyes, and making sure her ponytail was secure.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Charlotte jogged out in her shorts and tank-top, wearing tennis-shoes. Her legs were quite tan from it being summer, and she fixed her pixie cut. "Alright, let's do this, bitch!" she yelled out, jumping onto her bike and kicking off the ground. She began to bike out of the driveway. "Hey Caro, you happy your younger friends are coming this year?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:56 pm

"Yup. Now I don't have to screw around with the idiots in my year. None of them even like anything I'm interested in.." Caroline jumped on her bike as well and sped off behind her, catching up and riding next to her at a calm pace. "Why couldn't I have a cool older sister?"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:58 pm

"What the Hell?! I'm so cool! What're you talking about?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:00 pm

"You are so lame! You act all cool and 'Come on bitches!', but you're just a total loser. And your bands are shit." Caroline smirked. "Also, you can't ride a bike without looking like you've got something stuck up your butt."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Charlotte stopped the bike and turned around to scowl at her younger sister. "Listen, if you're just going to diss me to make your low self-esteemed self feel better, then I'm out of here."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Caroline stopped her bike as well. "I'm sorry, I won't diss you anymore. And I don't have a low-self esteem. But when we pass those Tarty boys or whatever they're called, I don't want you acting like a whore just because they're dreamy."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:27 pm

"Hah, I'm not acting like a whore," she said unconvincingly.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:29 pm

"Really. Well, I think I'll be the judge of that. Look, there's their house.." Indeed, they were approaching four boys outside a house, all attractive and of varying teen ages. They were out playing with a dog and a hose.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 pm

"Hey, we should go talk to them," Charlotte said.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm

"Alright, sure." Caroline said, wondering if this was going to be where she proved her point correctly. She stopped her bike, got off, and parked it, then walked over to them, fully preparing for a Charlotte-lovefest.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Charlotte followed after her, and smiled happily at the boys. "Hey!" she said, with a big wave.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:40 pm

The boys all grinned and waved back at her. Then they ran straight over, dropping the hose while it was still running. "Hi Charlotte!"
"Hey, Charlotte."
"Having a nice day, Charlotte?"
"You look pretty today, Charlotte!"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Charlotte batted her eyelashes. "Now now, boys! One at a time!" she giggled. "What're you all doing this fine afternoon?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Caroline started coughing loudly. Most of the coughs sounded strangely like "whore".
The boys started blabbering senselessly about dogs and hoses.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Charlotte turned around to Caroline, then back to all the boys. "Alright, well, I've got to get going. You guys have fun!" she said, and returned to her bike. "Hey, Caroline, wanna go or do you want to stay longer?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:57 pm

"I'm going home," Caroline said shortly, getting on her bike. "Stay if you want!" And with that, she rode off angrily.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Charlotte realized she did something bad, and tried to ride after Caroline. Unfortunately, Caroline always was much stronger than her. And faster. So it was quite hard for her to catch up.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Unfortunately, by the time Charlotte got back to the house, Caroline was locked in her room and on her headphones- the pink ones with black skulls. They were DJ-Quality, and Caroline couldn't hear a thing while her music was on. She could barely hear anything when it was off.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Charlotte just gave up and sat down and began to drink orange juice.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Caroline was up in her room again, fighting her punching bag (it was a nice one, she had gotten it for Christmas), with her speakers blaring some punk cover of a pop song. Her cousin Dianna's last-ditch effort to get her into "normal" bands was to buy her a CD of punk bands singing pop songs, and surprisingly, Caroline had liked it. Well, some of it.
But that wasn't the point.
Caroline hit the bag repeatedly, then did a few kicks at it, sweat dripping off her forehead. She kept beating the shit out of it, for lack of a better phrase, rolling her feet positions to the beat of the music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.   A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A home around 15 miles outside of Bath, Somerset.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next