At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Astor/Rosensteel Household

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:44 pm

At around the time Elroy usually came home from work, Serenity was already there, waiting. She had gotten off work a bit early today. So, she had donned a dress, cooked up a full meal (1/5 of which, in particular, the peas) tasted like crap, and had gotten a plate filled to the brim with each food. Then, she waited by the door, smiling brightly for Elroy's benefit.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Seven o' clock on the spot (He'd been promoted a few times over the years, thus changing his schedule), Elroy's burgundy, rather beat-up compact pulled into their gravel driveway. He entered the house, not expecting his gorgeous wife to be standing right there; he was spooked for a moment, then he planted one right on her cheek. "Darling," he descanted, dropping his briefcase on a small table.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 pm

"Hi! I made dinner." She said, quite unnecessarily. "Dianna was with a friend in the yard for a while, and Adam spent the day doing something or other.. I can't remember. But good news! Even though my pay is mostly case to case, I got a raise for my weekly salary!"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 pm

"That's wonderful, dear." He didn't sound very interested as he kicked his shoes off by the door. "I'm starving, can we get to eating?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 pm

"Uh-huh! Everything is on plates in the kitchen. Eat whatever." She took the plate and put it on the dining room table, then yelled for the children to get down there and eat. Dianna ran down immediately, and took her seat to eat.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Adam followed suit, taking his usual seat on the left side of the table. Elroy took the head. One by one, clockwise, the family took what they wanted from the plates and bowls and that.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 pm

So they had a nice, peaceful family dinner together.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Elroy mentioned something about sales being down.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Serenity said something about other things being down with the sales.

Dianna gave her an odd look, kind of a "what are you talking about" look that innocent children sported when confronted with innuendo.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Adam remained silent, as always.

Elroy gave his wife a look before returning to his disgusting, obviously canned peas.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Serenity finally broke the kind of awkward bland conversation. "Adam! Didn't you have a maths test? How did you do? Oh, no, it's summer.. Nevermind!"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Adam acted as though his mother hadn't said a word.

"So, Di, heard you were out with a friend earlier," said Elroy.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 pm

"Uh-huh! Our neighbor. Anthony Sawyer."
"Oh, did you see Rachel, dear?"
"Yes, she looked well. But, Anthony and I played croquet. He's my best friend."
"Well, that's great honey. What did you do today, Adam?"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 pm

"Practiced, studied..." Dare he bring it up? "Another string broke." He dared.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 pm

"Oh." Serenity sounded disappointed, while Dianna tried her best to keep from scoffing at the table.
"Well, we'll replace it eventually. Honey, maybe you should practice less. Or play the strings lighter.."
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm

He nodded, taking another mouthful of chicken. Elroy had already finished eating, so he spoke up again. "What do you think of Potter taking Senior Undersecretary?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm

"It's ridiculous!" Serenity said immediately. "This entire situation with him being in office is ridiculous. Sure, he saved everyone. He was the boy who lived. But now he's the man fumbling and bumbling his way through politics. Adam would be a better Undersecretary than him, and there's a 20-30 year age difference! This entire thing is heading towards a complete monarchy, with no public say in affairs. Potter's got everyone entranced with his stupid scar, and none of them see how much of an idiot he is!"
"I agree with mum!" Dianna said, putting a spoonful of mashed potatoes into her mouth.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:00 pm

"I think he's doing a decent job. He seems to have a handle on things, and... he DID save the world, and all. Is that what you're talking about, um... Either way, I don't think he's half-bad."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 pm

"That doesn't excuse the fact he's completely incompetent. See, the only reason he's doing well is from the person before him. There's a certain time-frame in which they have their weight carried for them by the past regime. As soon as that's dead and gone, he'll crash and burn."
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:11 pm

"Ah, whatever..." Elroy helped himself to another scoop of potatoes.

In truth, things had been all but silent at the Astor house, save the daily routines and the idle chatter. They had a lovely house, the parents were employed and not about to change that, they had two children... they were essentially the definition of a "nuclear family". Minus one half.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:13 pm

[What's the half?]

Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:13 pm

[definition has 2.5 kids]
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:14 pm

[Oh. Wait, couldn't the half be the one kid that was never born?]
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm

[it's the average child distribution of american households

wait fuck it's UK

uhhhhhh

just go with it]
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 pm

After dinner, Serenity started clearing up everything. Dianna went up to practice the piano, and Serenity turned on the radio to tune it out. Not that she was bad- it just got annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Astor/Rosensteel Household
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next