At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Empty
PostSubject: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Dianna was sitting in here, saving spots for all her friends in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. Anthony, Natalie, and Audrey. This was really going well. She had all of her old friends, and some new ones! Sure, Natalie was downright.. odd, and Audrey sure acted weird around everyone else, but Anthony and Brian were still normal.

She had out her books and everything. Dianna was ready for success.

Last edited by Princess Rapunzel on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Jennifer came in a few minutes later, messenger bag bouncing off her side. She had left her long hair as it was, and just put a bronzy, chain styled headband in. She took a seat towards the front, but still near a window, and set out all of her supplies on the desk.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Anthony came rushing into the class, only a minute or two before the bell was due to ring. He looked about nervously, and when he noticed Dianna, he was about to sit down beside her, but instead...

"Oh, hey Di!" Audrey came rushing past him, and sat down beside her new friend, grinning happily. She was grateful that during her very first class, she would have a friend, at least. As she was setting up her supplies, she was chatting all along happily with Dianna.

"..Dianna, it's amazing here! There are real ghosts, and I've already made friends with the Ravenclaw ghost, and..." she was chattering away cheerfully.

Anthony wasn't very offended however, and he ended up moving up and sitting beside Jenny.

"Hey." he said, looking a little shy, as he began to pull out his worn out Charms text from his bag.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:03 pm

"Hey Anthony!' Jennifer replied happily, a familiar face was always welcomed. "I t feels like forever since I last saw you! What's the Gryffindor Common Room like? Raven Claw is very similar to a library, really fluffy chairs and tables, and the walls are packed with bookcases." Jennifer's tone of voice didn't seem to give away any feeling of her disliking the fact that the common room was like a library- she was rather happy about it!
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:04 pm

"Um.." Dianna looked over at Anthony nervously- what if he was mad?-, but nodded at Audrey, deciding she didn't mean to take his spot. "Yeah? The ghosts actually scare me a lot, Audrey. They're dead. Doesn't that creep you out at all?"
Maybe Audrey didn't like Anthony. She would have to talk with him privately, tell him to..
Tell him to what? Not be friends with her and Audrey?
Maybe her and Anthony could be friends.. Separately from Audrey, so she wouldn't get mad.
Whatever, she'd figure it out later.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:10 pm

"Oh, you shouldn't say that!" Audrey looked very surprised. "They're actually really nice, even if they are dead. Besides, didn't you hear that the History of Magic teacher is a ghost?"

~

"Oh, the Gryffindor Common Room is really nice. It's all red and it has comfortable looking chairs." He shrugged a little. "I haven't spend much time in it-I just went straight to bed yesterday, I was really tired. Do you think you'll like school?"

But, Jennifer wasn't able to answer her question, as the bell rang, and the teacher came sweeping into the room, with long, forst green robes on.

Professor Billows looked to be a very nice man. He had a gentle, pale (if a little sickly) face, with his dark blue eyes hiding behind a pair of dark glasses. He seemed too tall and spindly for those baggy robes he was wearing, but he nonetheless he didn't seem to notice, or even care.

"Err, it's time to quiet down, class." he said, but he didn't yell at them. The Professor was just loud enough to call everyone's attention.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:11 pm

"W-What?" Dianna looked paler than usual. Ghosts really did freak her out. In fact, she couldn't even concentrate on what the teacher was saying.

"He s-seems nice.." Dianna whispered to Audrey.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Jennifer quieted down, but answered him with a simple nod. She looked as though she was about to bounce off the walls, her first Hogwarts class ever was about to begin!
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Audrey nodded in agreement, and she sighed a little, as she kept her attention on the professor. Her new Charms teacher was pretty cute, also!

Professor Billows continued on with his little speech.

"Right, well... welcome to your first class of Charms. I hope we can all be on good terms with each other, as we're stuck with each other for seven years." he smiled at his own little joke.

"So!" The teacher turned around, and pointed his wands at the Blackboard, and in fancy, cursive lettering, the phrase 'What Is Charms?' appeared magically on the board.

Billows turned back to the class. "Who wants to take a stab at this, for some extra House points?"
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Jennifer's hand slowly went up, how hard could this be?
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Billows smiled at her. "Yes, Miss...?"
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:22 pm

"Miss Summerfield, sir! I'm nothing like my brother though," She quickly added with a bit of a smile, "Uh, charms... To charm something or one is to control, or achieve, an act by magical ways? So 'charms' would mean basically the same, to achieve something my magical actions." Jennifer answered the question with a hint of worry in her voice, she wasn't very sure of herself now that she was saying the answer out loud, for the entire class to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Professor Billows smiled at her, as to to assure her that she answered the question just fine.

"Nice answer. Five points for Ravenclaw." he flicked his wand at the board again, and a basic definition came up. "I suggest you all take notes... Anyway, Charms is a magic that deals with NEW properties, instead of ones that already exist-you will study that in Transfiguration..."

Audrey was being a good student, and paying attention, but Anthony was struggling himself. He wasn't used to being lectured like that.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Jennifer's quill was moving rather quickly, dancing across the two pieces of parchment she set in front of her. She was duplicating everything she wrote.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Dianna was already starting to fall asleep. This was so incredibly BORING. Couldn't they do something with their hands?
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:22 pm

"...Right, enough with me talking." Professor Billows yet again flicked his wand, and he quickly passed out what white feathers.

"We're going to begin with a very simple charm-just a charm that can change white objects into a shade of tan, and the incantation-" Another wave of his wand. "Is on the board. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask!"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:27 pm

"Thank goodness!" Dianna said, perking up.
Wait.
Did he just say turn white objects..
Tan?
Dianna's paleness had always been a self-consciousness issue.
Dianna grinned, and threw herself into the spell with as much power as she could muster. Soon, her feather was dark tan, and she made the mistake of trying it on her own self. It worked, unfortunately, and she was turned a very, very dark reddish tan.

"Oh my.. Audrey, HELP!" Dianna screamed, gasping at herself.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Audrey yelped in the fright, to see Dianna turn the color of a reddish piece of wood. She quickly shot her hand up in the air, and began yelling for Professor Billows frightfully.

He came over right away, laughing all the while. He quickly waved his wand in front of Dianna's face, and muttered the incantation. In no time at all, her skin color was back to normal.

"Next time you try, only do it on the feathers." he warned her, mid-chuckle.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:35 pm

"Yes, Professor." Dianna said glumly. That would've been heavenly if it had worked. But now, people were probably going to tease her more. She just kept charming the feather, sighing. She did have a knack for actually casting the charm, but just not.. learning about it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:42 am

There was a tiny knock at the door, and then it opened in a crack. Natalie was staring in with big wide eyes, then opened the door completely. "I-is this Charms class?" she asked looking apologetic.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:39 am

Jennifer muttered the charm to herself a handful of times, attempting to get used to it. After the fourth time, she attempted it on the feather. The tip darkened... slightly? Jennifer sighed, and continued without any luck until the fifth time or so, when the feather changed tones quite a bit. With a victorious grin, she continued practice.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Professor Billows smiled brightly at Natalie, and nodded yes.

"Yes, come right in." he said reassuringly, and he gestured up front. "Here, I'll catch you up, and explain what we're doing today, and pass out the cirriculum paper..."

Meanwhile, Anthony gave Natalie a little wave with his feather, which he had managed to turn into the wanted tan color.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 pm

AND THEN CLASS WAS OVER.

As soon as Audrey was gone, Dianna went over to Anthony and Jennifer- well, specifically, Anthony. "Um, I'm sorry about her taking your spot. I don't think she lik- saw you." Dianna quickly edited, realizing she could've hurt Anthony's feelings really badly right there.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Jennifer collected her things, and gave a smile to the two, starting off to her next destination. "I'll see you later guys!" Giving a little wave, she walked off and into the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 pm

But, Anthony still seemed to be easy going, and he believed what Dianna had told him. "It's okay..." he glanced down at the piece of parchment he was clutching, that his schedule printed on it. "I think we have History of Magic next, unless your's is different from mine."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms    1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Year Gryffindor & Ravenclaw Charms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next