At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Near the edge of the lake.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

Near the edge of the lake. Empty
PostSubject: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Matilda was sitting out here, staring out at the lake. Her school bag was laying on the ground next to her, and she had her knees pulled up to her chest. Her toes were just a few inches away from the shore, and as she stared out, her mind began to clear. Her shoulders loosened and she felt herself start to relax. Luckily, she had a free period, and since she didn't have any homework, she could just... relax. It was warm enough to be outside and enjoy the fresh air, since it was only the first full day at Hogwarts.

Matilda never really was one to completely relax herself. She began to feel the outside world melt away, as she just sat under a tree. There were no annoying siblings or gossipy magazines to fill up her head. She just saw the nature, the scenery, all of the mountains and the forestry...

With a start, Matilda reached for her bag, feeling a sudden burst of inspiration. She yanked out some spare parchment and a quill. Letting the creativity flow throughout her, she began to write. Hey, no one was around, or looking over her shoulder, or could barge in at any moment like at home, in the common room, or in the dorm. She was outside, all by herself.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Well, there may not have been any annoying siblings around, but there were certainly annoying sons of family friends.

In yet ANOTHER attempt to scare Matilda, Will quietly sneaked up behind her, and at the precise moment when she was most asorbed into her paper, he reached down, and blew softly into her ear, to annoy her.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 pm

"Shit!" Matilda whisper-hissed, jumping and leaving a big, ugly black line across her paper. She whirled around, glaring at Will, her heart pounding from the scare. "Jesus, Will! What did you do that for?!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:24 pm

"I dunno, I just felt like it." Will then sat beside her, cross legged, and he peered over at the notebook in her hands.

"What are you writing? It can't be school work already." he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Matilda rolled up her parchment. "It's nothing. I was just writing." She stuffed the roll of parchment back into her bag, along with the quill. "Don't worry about it."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 pm

"'Just writing', huh?" Will grinned at her playfully, and eyes were drawn towards her bag. "You're being vague. Are you hiding something from me?" and he quickly reached down, and snatched the parchment from her bag, and he scanned.

"Matilda! Are you writing poetry?!" he said, laughing.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Matilda's face flushed in anger. Snatching the parchment from him, she rolled it back up and stuffed it back into her bag. "Yes! What of it?!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Will just continued to laugh, and he had to wait a few moments before he could answer the question, as he was out of breath.

"No no, there's nothing wrong with that... it's just FUNNY! You, the great unshakeable Matilda, the terror of every boy who's balls haven't dropped yet, is it writing about the 'brilliance of the morning dew on the lilies of the valley...'"
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Matilda shrugged, and looked back out on the lake. "I was just feeling inspired. It's not like I normally write poetry or anything." And, just like that, she was back to her old self. Her voice was flat, and she blankly stared out to the lake, brows furrowed slightly, like she was still a little mad.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 pm

"Well, it's a rather refreshing change of pace..." And Will carefully fitted the parchment back into her bag. With a little stretch, he flopped down onto the grass, and he stared up at the cloud formations.

"How's the school year so far?"
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 pm

"Fine. Just fine. How about yours?" She wrapped her arms around her legs, which were pulled back up to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:03 pm

"It's been alright-by the way, Matilda, listen to me really carefully-" Will turned to her, and for once, he truly looked serious.

"Never, ever take Arthimancy. It's the worst subject in the entire school, I swear." he said, sounding just a tad woeful.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:14 pm

"Really? I've heard that it's a great class... my dad said he really liked it when he took it."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:27 pm

"Well, maybe if you're good at numbers and you can See, a little bit." Will rolled over a little, and readjusted his position.

"That's what it's all about. But I suck at it. I'm going to drop it next year."
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:32 pm

"I don't know what to take next year," Matilda frowned. "There's so much to take."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 pm

"Take Muggle Studies." Will said confidentally. "It's used in a lot of jobs, and it's the easiest O class imaginable. If you know how to work a telephone, you're alright."
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 pm

"Oh, we have one of those at home. They're quite strange." Matilda shook her head. "I still don't get how it works... Muggle technology is just weird."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:41 pm

"What, really?" This made Will sit up. "It's actually really easy, once you get the hang of it. Just keep in mind that nothing can work without electricity."
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 pm

"Electricity is so weird!" Matilda frowned. "I mean, I just don't get how it works."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:50 pm

"It goes in like schools-NO, currents, and I'm not sure... it's just wired through their houses, and stuff." Will smiled happily. "See, Muggle Studies actually teaches you something worth knowing later on in life."
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:53 pm

"I don't see how that's worth knowing! All that Muggle stuff is just weird. I can live completely independent from Muggle stuff when I get older."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 am

"Well, you might go into Muggle relations work when you're older," Will pointed out. "And besides, not ALL of it is whacko. You have to admit, telephones are pretty handy, sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 am

Matilda shrugged. "I don't use them very often. The only thing I know how to use is a computer, which is a very strange thing. I only learned because of the primary school I went to..."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:12 am

"Those are weird. Some Muggles seem to be obsessed with them. I don't understand what's so entertaining about typing things into a screen. And some Muggles even have little computers in their mobile phones." Will shook his head. "They're funny, but I like them."
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:13 am

"Muggle sure are weird," Matilda admitted. "But, hey. What other classes should I take?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Near the edge of the lake.   Near the edge of the lake. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Near the edge of the lake.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next