At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Empty
PostSubject: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 pm

The long, winding driveway of the Rosensteel house (although some would call it more a mansion) was lit up with glistening lights, leading the way to the door, even though it was rather counterintuitive to light up a driveway, as they were a Wizarding family. Still, it was rather beautiful to look at from the road. Every window in the house was lit with warm golden light, and in the large front window, the bright lights of a Christmas tree shone all the way out to the road.
Serenity practically flew down the stairs, having just emerged from her room with her Christmas party outfit on, a short frilly skirt covered with gold glitter (that was her own doing, with a bit of glue) and a long sleeved red sweater. "Dwale, Yarrow, where are you?" She called, in a much shriller voice than her normal. Pre-party stress was getting to her, after all. Everything had to be perfect.
The house was practically perfect, although not to Serenity's obsessive eye. She had persuaded her father, with a bit of eyelash batting and promises to do better at Hogwarts, to enchant candles with gold flames to float around the house. There were a total of ten trees throughout the house, although three were miniatures, plopped on top of large tables. All through the house, Christmas music was playing, from magical radios scattered throughout the house.The trees alternated decorations- about half were covered in silver and gold, three were decorated by Selia, and had been much more tastefully done in classic red and green, and then the main tree in the living room was covered in magically animated Nativity scenes, a fully animated Santa and his sleigh flying around the tree, ornaments everywhere, and to top it, a beautiful Angel (a holy one, a woman, with long golden hair) flapping her wings and blinking down from the top.
Her family's two house-elves wandered up. They were clothed (not literally) in festive red rags Serenity had found and made to look rather appealing. "Okay, you bring around the orderves, and I want you answering the door. Don't speak to anyone, just.. Open it. SELIA!"

"Y-Yes, Serenity?" Selia slunk out of the kitchen, looking positively terrified. Serenity was on a rampage.
"Guests will be here any minute, you are not to leave the kitchen, keep baking your.. Things. Don't talk to anyone."
"But, you said I could meet--"
"I changed my mind! Everyone worth knowing is going to be here and I don't want you messing anything up. Listen, it took a lot for me to convince Mom and Dad to let me do this-" It didn't, really. The Rosensteel girls were both rather spoiled. "And even more for me to get them to stay upstairs and not want to meet all of my classmates. They're so weird like that, I promised them next time.." Serenity rolled her eyes, and started inspecting a tree as she spoke.
"And I just need every single pie, right down to the sugar on top, to be perfect. You're the perfect person to do that! Selia, you are the best baker I know." Serenity schmoozed, trying not to roll her eyes.
"I am?" Selia's face lit up with a huge smile.
"Yes, now go make sure nothing's burning, or whatever. And stay in the kitchen, or you won't be getting any presents from me!" After Selia had run off, Serenity examined the party favor table one last time (little bottles of perfume for the girls, and cologne for men) and then took a deep breath.
"Okay, 20:58. Two minutes until party time." Serenity said, starting to beam. "This is going to be perfect."
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:00 pm

A small, shivering Amanda walked up the seemingly never ending driveway. In hindsight, shooing her mother away as soon as they apparated to the house wasn't her best idea. As she made finally made it up to the door, she did one final assessment of her dress. A pinkish red dress with a peter pan collar and heart cut out in the back clung to her developing figure. Slightly leaning back on her black kitten heels, she took a deep breath and knocked.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 pm

The door swung open seemingly on its own (Yarrow the House Elf was on the other side, of course, but he fit perfectly behind the door so that he was unseen).
"Hey, Amanda! Welcome to the party, you're the first here. I adore your shoes." Serenity said, with a huge smile. "Come on in! We have some trays of sweets and pastries coming around, and the buffet will be opened in a little while, we're still getting the chicken cooked all the way. Happy Christmas!"

Last edited by Nagisa 96 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:23 pm

"Thank you- also double thanks for having me. I'll definitely go investigate those pastries! Happy Christmas to you too!" Amanda stepped in, barely managing to stop her jaw from hitting the ground. It was always a lingering assumption that Serenity's family was rich but this... this took that assumption and danced nakedly in the assumption's face.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Serenity tapped her foot. It appeared nobody else had shown up yet..

"Hey, Amanda! Do you want a tour?" She asked, linking arms with her and her cute little dress. "I don't want you getting lost, and if I tell you how to get around, then you can tell other people, and so on and so forth."
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Libby and her mother Apparated at the end of the driveway, Libby clinging desperately to Eunbee's sleeve. Even though she apparated fairly often with her mother, she still felt sick for a few moments afterward. Once the dizziness passed, she let go of her mother, said good-bye, and ran down the driveway to the house. It was so big! The house, that is. Well, the driveway certainly was, too.

Once she got up to the door, she rang the bell. While waiting for someone to come to the door, she tugged on her skirt. It was her mom's idea for Libby to wear a skirt, and Libby's to wear the candy cane-esque red and white striped tights underneath. She looked very festive - besides her stockings, she had a red poofy skirt, a soft white sweater with a few bells dangling off of the bottom that jingled when she walked, and black Mary Janes. She hoped she looked okay, but, then again, she was just visiting her friend's house.

The door swung open (almost magically, it appeared) - the inside of the house was so beautiful, much more than the outside. Libby couldn't help but gape a little. It was huge! "Hi, Serenity!" she said, tearing her focus from the massive, ornate interior.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Serenity tried her very best not to laugh at Libby's outfit, but even so, a giggle came out. "Hi, Libby." Oh thank God, someone else came.

"You know Amanda, right? She's a Hu... Um, she's a Ravenclaw?" Serenity changed her mind halfway through, gesturing to Amanda and hoping she got it right.
"Welcome to the party! I'm still expecting more people- I invited all of the Astors, including Elroy, it would be rude to invite the rest of his family and not him. Max, from our house, that Nick boy from Amanda's.. Lots of people. I invited Hermione Granger, too, her bed is right next to mine, but she said she had family plans. Doesn't seem like the party type anyway, she yelled at me for bedazzling one of her quills by mistake once.." Serenity rolled her eyes. "Anyways, welcome."
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:09 pm

The Astor children arrived by taxi. No adults, and none of them were of age to apparate. The two of them stepped out -- Elroy had opted out, in spite of his sister's nagging -- and approached the door. Angel wore his dress shirt, sweater, and black slacks with a rather glaring tie of St. Nick's sleigh being pulled along by his crew of eight. The reindeer were aligned in diagonal rows flying upwards. It had been a gift years before from his elder sister, almost as a joke. Melenie's hair was pinned out of her eyes, much to her frustration, and she wore a very plain forest-green frock with black tights and shoes. They entered, hand in hand. Melenie released his to ogle at the scenery, while Angel continued his beeline off to greet their hostess.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Oh my God, he's here. He's in my house. Breathe. You have to keep breathing.
Serenity turned from her conversation with some bitch named Annie or Amy or something, and smiled at Angel. "Glad you could make it, Angel. Happy Christmas!" Breathe in.
"Did you bring me a present?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England    Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rosensteel House, Outskirts of Bath, England
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child :: Anywhere Else!-
Jump to: