At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rant Topic (Boy Oh Boy.)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Rant Topic (Boy Oh Boy.) Empty
PostSubject: Rant Topic (Boy Oh Boy.)   Rant Topic (Boy Oh Boy.) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 pm

A letter to a dear friend of mine Society.

Dear Society,

Hey, do you remember me? It's your old pal, Sarah! You may or may not remember me but I'm definitely leaning towards the latter. You probably haven't spoken to me in a while. This isn't just a friendly day letter, this is an urgent message.

Gosh Society, from what I've heard, you've been very busy lately! It must take a lot of work, you know, to be staring at those screens, playing on your Smart Phones, shopping at those mini malls, and of course, indulging in the occasional sex. We don't want you to be overworked. But then again, figuring all of that sleep you get, you must not be THAT tired. But you can never know how strenuous it is to enter your Twitter update, right?

But, after reflecting about it, maybe you're getting TOO much sleep, Society. I may not be a doctor, but I know that getting up and going to bed for twelve hours after a hard afternoon of consuming isn't good for you. Haven't you thought about going on a walk, or reading a book, or at least TALKING to a friend in person instead of through a computer? Let me tell, it is very nice. It also especially awarding to know you are having an afternoon of good fun without paying a cent, or messing around on a computer.

Society, I advice you to wake up, seriously. Since you're using the Internet all the time, why don't you go on YouTube and search 'Wake Up' by Arcade Fire? Who knows, maybe you'll be inspired! You know Society, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with using your head, thinking things through, and embracing who you are as a human being. You might think it appears uncool or nerdy, but that honestly doesn't matter. It is so much better than spending the rest of your life absorbed by technology and consumerism, in the long run. I suggest you make the right decisions now, before it's too late.

You may call me a hypocrite. I often find myself indulging into these things kinds of things you value so much, Society. But, I try to make it a point not to be obsessed. I was obsessed before, but I changed my ways. Before I changed, I was sad, moody, and didn't feel fulfill. Today, I feel like I truly know myself, and I accept that.

Society, I am just trying to be a friend. I only want the best for you, but I see you have so much potential! You just have to use this potential for the right things.

I hope to talk to you soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Sarah.

~

You can disregard this all you want, ignore it, whatever. I don't really care, and I just wanted to write out some emotion.
Back to top Go down

Rant Topic (Boy Oh Boy.)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child :: BIG FUCKING WASTELAND :: Rules. Guidelines. Other Stuff. :: General Discussion-
Jump to: