At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Movie Night?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Okay. Since, as a retiree and thus a well-respected member of this community, I have decided to host this sort of thing.

Ideally, it would be over Skype, but Sarah doesn't have one and, assuming, probably will not get one.
So it's either that or Tinychat (which is free, private room thing, and i'm getting a friend to show me how to stream shit and that)

obviously the movie would be Sorcerer's Stone. or part of it if we all get bored halfway through.
it's for fun and for a sort of community activity thing and to get in the writing mood and all that stuff.
also to point out extras who look like characters and make innuendos and whatever else it is you guys do.

thoughts etc?
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:02 pm

I'll have too see. The thing is, even if I really wanted too, I doubt I would get around to it. I live in a one story house with very thin walls, so I would easily be caught doing something like this. If there was say, a chatbox instead, then of course I'd get away with it. My parents would just think I'm watching it online.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:04 pm

Just a thought, you could like... download it for this and then uninstall it. And then, headphones. If you can't talk then you can type.
you have to be there aaaa ;_;
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:05 pm

It'd be a lot of fun, but I couldn't do it. My parents are really suspicious, and over protective. They don't let me take walks on my own, let alone participate in a seedy streaming thing.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:09 pm

skype isn't seedy.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm in. But can we all watch the same movie over Skype,
and could we wait until the weather gets better so I could go outside and watch it? Because otherwise I'd have to wait until my mom isn't home, and that's unpredictable.
OR we could just do it on a Wednesday when she has bowling.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Oh, I know that! But you know it's just how my parents are. It's like, if I wanted to have a Facebook, my mom would make me be her friend on there, or if I had a YouTube account, she would want access. Sometimes, I think they look through my stuff.

And I swear I'm not making up excuses. =/
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:12 pm

@Steph Yeah. The Tinychat thing was a if-nothing-works option. And Wednesday's a school night, so... I don't know. :\

@Sarah I understand. ._. It WOULD only be for an hour or two, though.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:14 pm

If we can't do it on a Wednesday or when the weather's warmer here (Which as soon as it gets tolerable and not snowy I'll tell you) then I won't be able to. And I really, really want to.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:16 pm

It would either have to be pretty late EST or on a Saturday. We'll see about holidays and that.

Anyone have any coming up?
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Won't be here March 10-14.
Spring break is the week of the 21st.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Spring break is week after April 1st iirc. No early release days, school's lasting an hour earlier starting next week, and we're staying in for any vacation days. Darn snow. But since you can't group video convo with Skype, it'd be kinda hard to do that. Tinychat might work.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Spring break isn't until the end of April here, folks.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm

We wouldn't be video-convoing. I'd have screenshare going with the movie and we would just be talking/typing or something.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't think you can screenshare on Skype with multiple people though. :u Might be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 pm

No, you can't with multiple people. It's not possible. "OTL But, we could all watch it separately, and listen in on it together.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

WELL SON OF A BITCH.

i COULD get a streaming thing set up that didn't require a login or any sort of sign-in, then the conversation could still be on skype
fuuuck i'll figure it out tomorrow.
saturday.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 pm

okeyz.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:51 am

HARRY POTTER WEEKEND ANYONE?
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:27 am

I thought like everyone was going to be gone. And my brother is coming home this weekend so.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:47 pm

I'd like that. :3
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:06 pm

i meant ABCF is marathoning again
that's all.</3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie Night? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Night?   Movie Night? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie Night?
Page 1 of 1