At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Astor/Rosensteel Household

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 pm

"I know you're home. I'm right here." Serenity said, standing up. "Why the hell were you so late?"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:10 pm

"It was a half-hour, dear." He dropped his briefcase on the floor, leaning against the wall, as opposed to its usual end table.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 pm

"That's late! And that's not all we need to talk about, Elroy. You're so dull lately. You never talk about anything special with me anymore. In fact, you never talked about much with me at all. Do you even love me?" She asked, staring intently at him.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:18 pm

That was rather sudden. Elroy just kind of ogled at her for an instant, then passed her, following the quickly-fading odor of the casserole she'd prepared earlier. "What might that be?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:23 pm

"It's broccoli, with cheese and ham. Answer me, please. It's not a hard question."

Last edited by Serenity R on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 pm

"Broccoli; knew it. Answer what?" He took a plate from the rack and began to serve himself.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:04 pm

"Are you in love with me, Elroy?" Serenity asked. "Just tell me. We need to talk about this!"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 pm

"I can't think about this right now, alright?!" he snapped, slamming the utensil drawer shut after retrieving a fork. "Just give me a minute or two! I just walked in!"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:20 pm

"Elroy, what is there to think about?! You don't need to think about whether you love me or not. You just do or don't! So do you, or don't you?"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Elroy stood there for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts before he said: "No, I don't love you, Serenity." He turned to face her. "I think there was a time I thought I did. Looking back, I don't think I ever really LOVED you. It must've been lust or some sort of responsibility or something. If I could be frank, I don't think it's possible to love someone like you -- you snooty, self-righteous bitch." He certainly wasn't finished cutting her down, but he began to immediately regret what he'd already let slip, so he stopped.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:11 pm

"Alright." Serenity said, eerily calm. She went upstairs quickly, and there was the sound of some things slamming, but she came back down with a little shopping bag, courteously filled with some of his clothes. She not-so-courteously shoved it into his arms.
"Get out. Go wherever. You could go back to that homeless shelter if you want. I don't care. Get out of here now. You can come back tomorrow, I'll pack your stuff, it'll all be ready. If you want anything else in this house, we'll go to court for it. Now get out!" Dianna, who was listening from the top stair, looked distraught, and was contemplating going down.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Elroy snatched the bag. "You work alone, the only people who've stuck by you all this time have been that Sawyer girl, and... god, I don't know who else." He was saying this on his way out. "Your parents never loved you, what friends have you been able to hold on to since graduation? I know for a fact that Anj never loved you. Some ego-trip he had nailed the thought that you'd be too dumb to support yourself on your own or fight back or anything like that into his fucked-up head. Thought he had enough brains for the both of you. Never loved you, though. I doubt your own children would even love you without having to." Still carrying that china dish of casserole, he pushed open the front door with his back. "I don't know why I ever stuck up for you in the first place. I mean, you were a decent fuck, but definitely not worth those medical bills, and those years and years of sitting through all your anxiety attacks and catering to every little thing you've wanted all these years." A warm summer breeze blew in through the open door. "Definitely not worth it." The breeze was cut with the click of the door.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Oh, if guns were legal..
Serenity sat down at the table, running her hands through her hair. Dianna went back upstairs. Gee, she was thinking, Dad sure is mean. After a long time of just sitting there, she went up to bed. Once she was in there, she started crying, sitting on the floor with her head resting on the side of the bed. She just kept sobbing.

Eventually, she looked up at the clock, realized it was four in the morning, and got into bed, where she couldn't sleep. She decided not to go to work tomorrow- she couldn't until she figured something out to do with the kids, maybe Rachel could do something- and just slept.

~

The next morning, she got woken up by Dianna, who was very distraught. "Mum, Dad's really gone. He's not here, he didn't come back!"
"No, Dianna. He's not coming ba-- How did you know he left?"
"I listened in last night."
"Well, then you know why he left. He doesn't love me anymore."
"He doesn't love me and Adam, either?"
"I don't kno-- Oh, bollucks. I have to clear out his stuff. Could you go get breakfast, Di? Get Adam up while you're at it."
So, Dianna went into Adam's room and shook him up, while Serenity started putting shit in boxes.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Adam was awake. He'd been awake since the incident, just listening through the thin walls, evaluating. What would happen? What would become of he and Dianna? And what about their mother? Did dad hate them, too? All of the things Dianna had asked moments ago. He turned to his sister standing over him, gazing with his glazed, ceil eyes.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:59 pm

"Did you hear it?" Dianna said softly. "The thing last night?"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Adam nodded. Contrasting the blue iris were varying shades of pink and white, transversed by twisting lines of red. He hadn't gotten a wink of sleep that night.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 pm

"Would you like breakfast, or can we skip it?" Dianna asked.

After a while, Serenity had all of his things packed up in brown boxes and left them outside the door, praying as hard as she could it would rain all over it. Unfortunately, it was a beautifully sunny day.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 pm

"Not hungry," Adam murmured.

Then, much later in the afternoon, Elroy's car returned. He hopped out, collected his things, and drove off.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:24 pm

"Good, good.." Dianna said awkwardly. Then, she awkwardly hugged Adam from the top. "I love you, Adam. Even though you're annoying sometimes.."
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Since when? "Love you too..." he whispered.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Dianna went off to her room to sulk, and naturally, Serenity called Selia.

Within five minutes of Selia's arrival by apparation, Serenity was on the couch, sobbing, and Selia was comforting her, mumbling insults to Elroy and consoling Serenity- "Of course you're great in bed, Sere. Fantastic, I'd wager. He's just an ass. And loads of people love you. I do, your kids obviously do, Olivia probably does, Rachel does.." As sister, she was also required to hand tissues periodically with her mumblings.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Adam eventually passed out around 9 AM. He hadn't moved.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 am

Serenity and Selia just kept having their therapy session until Selia had to go home and take care of Jake and the girls for dinner. After that, Serenity just kind of moped around aimlessly.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:11 am

[i feel like this happened way too early]
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Not long after, a letter was sitting on the entry rug. You know, everything's better when communicated by post. You're able to get plenty off your chest without having whoever you're addressing interrupt with some poorly-considered retort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Astor/Rosensteel Household   The Astor/Rosensteel Household - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Astor/Rosensteel Household
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next