At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire

Go down 
+2
grimAuxiliatrix
Sasha Worldwide
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Nick looked at her, fear flitting across his face for a moment, just a moment. "What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Rachel reached over, and gave a gentle yank on one strand of Nick's now long, blonde hair. "This hair of yours, is getting out of hands. Nick, you could pass for a girl from behind! Why don't you cut it? You would look so nice with shorter hair, and it doesn't have to be super short. But, just something above the shoulders..." she pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:27 pm

"I couldn't pass for a girl," he rolled his eyes. He was too muscular, too built like a boy to look like a girl. "Oh come on, Rachel, let me grow it out. For once?"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Rachel gave the piece of another tug-this time, a bit more firmer. "Isn't this grown out enough for you? Nick, it's plenty long. I mean, do you want your boys to go around with long hair like their father?"
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Nicolas shrugged. He decided to dismiss the issue now. "We'll talk about it in the morning. Good night." With that, he rolled over and was soon fast asleep.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:50 pm

"Hmph." Rachel blew out the candle, and laid down on her side away from Nick, still pouting. It looks like she would have to take matters into her own hands.

And in her own hands indeed.

A couple hours later, when she was positive that Nick and all of the children were sound asleep, she slowly crept out of bed to Nick's side, and carefully tied his long hair into a knot around the bedpost. With a nod and proud expression on her face, she went back into bed, laid there silently for a future minutes before shouting out, at the top of her lungs...

"FIRE!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 pm

The next day, there was a note from Max which had been delivered by an owl last night.

"Nick,

When you're off work, come by my house. I want to ask you something.

-Max"
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Nicolas read over the note. He had a massive headache from the night before. Naturally, he had jumped up, and the post yanked on his hair. Damn. He suddenly understood why girls pulled on hair in fights.

No matter. After he had read the note, he Apparated away.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Sunday. September First. 6:37 in the morning.

~

"DAMNIT! How can there be a house with THIS many people, but there is no shampoo!" wailed Sophia angrily, waving an empty, bright green bottle of the stuff.

This was her seventh and final year at Hogwarts, and things were not off too a pretty start. Gosh, things were so much easier when it was just her, James, and Will going along. But not now that Emily and Victor starting. The two of them were so anal about everything that they made everyone feel on edge. And then next year it would be Anthony's turn, and a while back, Hayley's and-

Well, luckily it was her final year at school. After that, she would never again have to worry about last minute backing and running into people going up the stairs who had their breakfast in their hands.

As she searched around in the bathroom, she tried to cheer herself up. This was definitely supposed to be the best year of Hogwarts. Her last one. Who cares if she had to take NEWTs, and think about getting a scholarship if she wanted to continue her education. The rest of the time, it would be party party party!

"Ah-HAH!" As she dug around in a cupboard, she managed to unearth both a bottle of shampoo and conditioner. She then skipped out of the room humming a tune happily. This might just be a good omen if she found the last shampoo and conditioner combo. Especially with Hugh's entrance to society.

~

James sat on the couch, reading a novel, while occasionally looking up to smirk at some of rushed siblings and parental figures. Would they ever learn that packing the night BEFORE saved a whole lot of stress and wasted time? Probably not.

He yawned and stretched a little-he still wasn't all the way up. He probably could have gotten away to sleeping in until nine if he was really quiet. But that jerk Will had woke him up from that all the clanging and other noises he made while he was throwing his stuff in his trunk.

Time for his sixth year at Hogwarts, a much needed relief. Sure, he was going to begin his NEWT classes, but at least he didn't have any tests to stress about; that was until seventh year. James was rather surprised at Sophia-how she always remained so stress free he would never learn.

But, this was going to be fun! A year back at school with his Hufflepuff friends and others! A year to talk smack about teacher's behind their back, and then to show off during class.

~

"BABY I LIKE IIIIT! THE WAY YOU MOVE ON THE FLOOOOR!!" sung Will in a purposely high and off key voice, mainly to annoy the others around him. If he was in a grumpy mood himself, he might as well spread the hate for everyone else.

But seriously. Will was in a great position in his school life at school. He was probably the most popular among all of his siblings, was a member of the magnificent house of Gryffindor, announcer at Hogwarts, and on top of all that he still managed to be passing all of his classes! Besides, he promised himself that he would enjoy this year as much as possible. Next year was going to be OWL years-the bane for every student who attended Hogwarts. And besides, Derek and him had been planning-to score the hottest girls in their year for once and for all.

And besides, there would be other fun besides that. Will's little bratty family friends Matilda and Leah would be starting this year. It would be marvelous entertainment to piss them off.

~

Emily stood staring at her reflection in the mirror, staring at herself with great care, and with a hair brush, some hair clips, and some hair ties. How should she do her hair this morning? She should pin it up? Should she braid it? Maybe just a simple ponytail, and have her whole face be shown?

As she combed out her hair, she ignored the fact that her hand was trembling slightly, and she tried to shake off the feelings of being nervous. This was the biggest event of her school life-she was going to be sorted. She gulped slightly, and stared at her pale reflection. What house would she be in? Maybe Ravenclaw like her mother, or Hufflepuff like her father? Slytherin like Sophia, or Gryffindor like Will? She personally had no idea.

Though she had no true bias towards the house of Hufflepuff, she really didn't want to be placed in it. That would prove that she was nothing really special at... anything. Even Slytherin would be better then Hufflepuff-Sophia would be there to protect there if anyone tried to jump her.

There was a soft knock on the door, and Rachel quietly went inside. There were dark circles under her eyes, and she seemed a little stressed. But she still smiled when she saw Emily's reflection.

"Here, I know what to do." she said quietly, she then began to comb out Emily's hair, and slowly began to weave a French braid along her back.

~

Sometimes, it was just better to stay out of the way, figured Victor. He was carefully piling his books into his trunk. Not just textbooks, but his books for entertainment, which took up about half the space alone. Oh well. Victor would rather have books then nice clothes, which Emily had.

School was starting today, and Victor strangely wasn't on edge about it like everyone else. He was the easy going, go with the flow kinda guy without needing the use of drugs, and he planned to stay that way. I mean, what did it matter what house you were sorted in? You were going to end up making friends in all houses anyway. So there wasn't any point to stress about it. Besides, he already had a bit of an idea what house he was going to be sorted into anyway.

And he was rather pleased. He thought it suited.

Finally, he took one last quiet look at his and Anthony's room-it wouldn't be until Christmas break when he saw it again. And that's when the pit sunk into his stomach. But oh well. This day had to come eventually.

With that final note, he quietly dragged the trunk out of the room and into the car, so he wouldn't wake up his brother who was still sleeping on the other side of the room.

~

This entire time, Anthony and Hayley had been sleeping until around nine thirty, until the family had to leave, and they had to go with them. It's not like they had anywhere to go.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Rachel always knew that it was no use just sitting around brooding and feeling sorry for yourself. So, it was better to take that sadness, and work productively with it.

It was a couple hours after she had dropped her children off at the train, and Rachel was sitting at the kitchen table, completely surrounded by a mess of craft supplies. A large photo album was open in front of her, and she was carefully cropping a family photo with a pair of scissors. When the size was right, she reached over, and took a bottle of her favorite craft glue, Wendall's Wonderful Craft Glue-'Dries in ten seconds!' (It was a wizarding brand, of course) and carefully spread it on the back of the picture, and pasted it on a bright and colorful piece of craft paper.

Often whenever work was done, and she had some free time on her hands, Rachel would sit down and work on her scrap booking, a continuing project. It was at first a way just to past time when Nick was away at work, and the kids were down for the naps, and she was just bored. But after time, it grew to be an art medium she really loved, for it required no real drawing or singer talents. So far, she had completed two full albums, and was currently working on her third one.

Among all the scraps of paper and ribbons and other embelishments, she couldn't help but wonder and worry about her children, who were at this point riding through the rural countryside. Would they be alright? What house would they be sorted in? Would they write?

...Would they be happy?
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:25 pm

And there, in the middle of her deep brooding and crafting and all of that, came a knock on the door. It was Serenity, holding a neighborly gift basket, and looking a bit, well, toned down. She was wearing mostly brown, and she looked dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Rachel hardly looked up from her craft, but still managed to call out to the kitchen door cheerfully. "Come in!" she said loudly from her table.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 pm

"It's me!" Serenity called, going on inside. "I brought wine. I thought we could talk, maybe go out later.."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 pm

"Oh, that's fine!" said Rachel, now looking up at her smiling. "You can come right in... just excuse the mess, sorry it's like this."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 pm

"No, it's completely excusable." Serenity went over to the kitchen table. "What in the name of all that is holy are you doing?!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:56 pm

"Scarp booking!" Rachel said proudly, holding up the page she was working on. "It's my hobby! AND, I've made two others before, too." and she pointed to a little pile of the books.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Serenity looked as if she was going to cry. "Rachel! We aren't old ladies. You're-- You're already mothering these kids. You have to get a life beyond.. beyond.. This is a disaster."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Rachel stared at her. "...It's for my own pleasure, Serenity. Besides, they're not ALL about the kids... I sometimes journal in them." she said with a shrug. "Besides, if you'd try, you would probably think differently."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:05 pm

"I'll try scrapbooking!" Serenity said. An if hung in the air like an unspoken threat. "IF, at five sharp, we get dressed up in our finest sparkly clothes, then at six go bar hopping. Together. Margaritas, flirting, I could get a boyfriend, you could watch me get a boyfriend, we'd dance.."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Rachel almost dropped her bottle of glue, as she stared up in astonishment at Serenity.

"Se-Serenity, I can't do that!" she exclaimed, and she instantly began to rack her brain to think of excuses. "I have things to do at home, and I don't want to flirt with men, I'm thirty-six, and..." Rachel stood up, blushing and looking sheepishly. She placed her hands on her curvy little stomach. "...And, I have weight, from the babies..."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:00 pm

"Well, I'm thirty-five. You look no older than thirty, and I don't look older than twenty seven. So let's go party! Come on, Rachel. I'll find some clothes you'll look great in. It'll be so much fun. And I really want to meet someone." Serenity begged, her eyes imploring. "I can't function without someone else in my house. It's insane. I do too much work and I'll go crazy without a man to talk to. Maybe I'll meet one. You'd be doing me a huge favor by going. Please, let's go party."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Rachel sighed. "Fine... I'm sure Mrs. Finn will babysit for a while, but Serenity, I am NOT wearing any heels that are higher than three inches and absolutely NO sequins."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 pm

"YES!" Serenity squealed, like a little teenager. "This is going to be so fun! Quick, let's go up to my house and get dressed. I'll curl my hair and-- this is going to be fantastic! EEeek!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm

"Fine fine fine..." muttered Rachel. Eying the bottle of wine, Rachel quietly slipped the rather expensive red wine into a nearby cupboard for her and Nick's later enjoyment without Serenity knowing it. She put on her sweater, yelled out that she was leaving, and left with Serenity, leaving the scarp book stuff where it was.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Rachel and Anthony were both in the kitchen, that evening. Rachel was running around, trying to pull out some vegetables in a rush. She had received on short notice that she would be watching Dianna for the evening, so she was busily trying to think of something suitable to eat for her. Meanwhile, Anthony was at the kitchen table, trying to work on some maths problems. This was difficult to do, figuring he had a big ginger cat sitting on his lap, and it made it hard for him to bend over to do his work.

Emily on the other hand, was in the living room, not too far away, wrestling with the family German Shepherd, Logan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire   The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sawyer House In Appleby, Lincolnshire
Page 4 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next