At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brown Plantation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

Brown Plantation Empty
PostSubject: Brown Plantation   Brown Plantation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Drew lived a comfortable life. He had a newly-built plantation full of beautiful antique furniture, a good handful of slaves, and plenty of room for a family if he ever desired one. Life was good--and much different from how he grew up. He had just acquired a new slave at an auction, by the name of Kalyani.

"Now, Kalyani, you're going to be working inside for now. I've already got plenty of negroes outside working the grounds... so, you've got to clean, cook, and make sure everything is in order at all times."

He led her upstairs to the attic--it was dark and cramped, with only a singular window, but it had a bed and a table with drawers, and a small tub shoved into a corner. Drew had to nearly double over in order to stand. "Since you're going to be working inside the house, you'll be living inside the house. Sleep here, bathe here, dress here. All of that. I assume you know that you are going to eat in the kitchen, not, under any circumstances, the formal dining room." His gaze met hers. "At five o'clock I expect supper on the table. Feel free to do whatever it is until then."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Brown Plantation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown Plantation   Brown Plantation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Kelsi stood there, by the bed, staring at him incredulously with wide eyes set on him. She's never worked inside a house. "You mean, I won't be working outside? I... I have no skill for inner housework," she said awkwardly, shuffling her feet. "And do you mean I have my own bathing room?" Startled, and almost looking afraid, Kelsi set her bag on the bed. She knew she had already talked to much and instantly regretted it; she should have just kept her mouth shut like she had been doing the whole time before arriving in the attic.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

Brown Plantation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown Plantation   Brown Plantation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

"You're young, you'll learn. And, yes, since I don't want any slaves sharing a bath with the white folks around here. That just isn't right." Drew shook his head. "I'm going to leave. A friend of mine from work is selling me one of his experienced slaves to work in the home, so whatever you don't know, she'll teach you. But until then, you stay up here and... occupy yourself however you see fit."

Drew began the descent down the ladder and closed the latch after him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Brown Plantation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown Plantation   Brown Plantation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Kelsi stood there dumbfounded, and slowly ran her fingers through her hair. She sat on the bed next to her bag and stared at the wooden floor. Before she knew it, ten minutes went by. Then, fifteen. Right before the clock hit twenty, she stood up. She had two hours before dinner had to be ready. She may as well take a bath; something she'd never had before.

Kelsi undressed herself, standing before the bath filled with water. She wasn't sure how to get the hot water, or if she was allowed, so she just filled it with cold water. Slowly, she stepped in, and it sent shivers up her spine. It was soothing, but also uncomfortably icy. Eventually she slid in until she was up to her shoulders, and lay there, trying to breath as slowly as possible. A bath, she thought. All for me? Kelsi took the soap from the side and washed herself, including her hair, then rinsed. She stepped out, and found the towel on the side, it being slightly dusty. What do you expect, living in the attic. But she didn't care. She had her own room. Her own bathing room. Her own TUB. Slowly, a smile grew as she stood there drying her hair.

Once she was dressed, she went downstairs and entered the kitchen. "Alright," Kelsi sighed, clapping her hands together. "Time to familiarize myself with this house," And so, she went around the kitchen, opening each cabinet and drawer, seeing where everything was placed and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brown Plantation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown Plantation   Brown Plantation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brown Plantation
Page 1 of 1