all was well.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My Rant .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: My Rant .   Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm homesick. Homesick of what we used to be. I miss the days of first generation, and I miss the feelings we had. I remember the day we were going to do the Yule Ball, I was at school, waiting ALL day to go home and do it with you all. I remember staying up so late to roleplay, and just roleplay. I remember escaping reality, and just going into Kelsi, the character who I've had for so long, I don't even remember. The character I had who I've used in at least fifty roleplays on Neopets, I've used on over 4 roleplay sites that I've roamed about, the name I've used when staying anonymous. The character I had who started in Ravenclaw, moved to Gryffindor, spent a short period of time in Slytherin, and was officially and permanently Hufflepuff. How she traveled through alternate universes, becoming muggle, or half-blood (I remember planning the biggest family tree for her), or even a vampire. I've done so much with her, to form her the way she is now. I remember planning her siblings, how Robin used to be her younger sister, and moved up to being her twin. I REMEMBER CREATING BORIS. I remember on VMK, running up 2 stories to alternate through 2 computers, playing Kelsi and this Boris. Kelsi and then Boris. And I just ran, and I ran, up and down those stairs, just for the Hell of it.

But that's not the point.

What I miss is having that feeling of devotion, and having it part of my life. This generation is missing something. It's missing our attention. No, it's missing the memories, the jokes. Because so far? There's nothing precious I hold here. Yeah, we've ALL got great plans. But those are just plans. What happened to throwing your character in a hall, and playing it out? What happened to having characters cooperate, and not follow a strict timeline? What happened to carelessness, fun, and no rules? I miss that. I MISS that. It's making me homesick. Nostalgic. I want it back, and so badly, at that.

Remember the simple memories we got from last gen? How we all laughed at the character Sarah Parker, how it was just an accident her name turned out that way? And Divination. I know you guys hate that and regret it. But me? I regret nothing of that. Because I treasure those memories. And I don't care if it's "nooby", or pathetic, or unplanned. It was worth it. You were having fun while roleplaying. Remember how the unders got drunk off Butterbeer? That was sweet. It lead to the complications with Fry and Holly, and it brought them closer. See, that's what we're missing. That's why we're not able to roleplay anymore. We're all forcing ourselves to think maturely, to think in a way we're not capable of. The truth is, we're still kids. And we want to have fun. So why can't we just forget about worrying of all that stuff, and enjoy what we still have, and fool around? I mean, look at the banner of this forum. Does it remind you guys at ALL of the old days? Does it make YOU homesick, like it does to me?

What happened to showing yourself through your characters? Oh, right, we all started frowning upon Author avatars. Okay yeah, they're a bit much. But what happened to BEING yourself there? To let your creativity and soul shine through the characters? I want to see Leah, and think, Hell yeah, that's me. And play her without difficulty. I know it's asking much, but hey. I can't be the only one here, can I?

I want to look back at this generation, and think, "Well. The beginning was rough, but it smoothed out. Look at us now." I want us to go into the third generation by the end of this year without hesitation, and plan everything with anticipation like last generation, and live it to the best. So you know what? I'm not waiting anymore. I'm not depending on anyone anymore, I'm doing this MY way. Like I did last gen. And you all are going to do it your way too, I hope.. Because that way, this'll keep going, and we'll finally get somewhere, and have the memories we're lacking, and yeah, that's all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 pm

What are you waiting for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:13 am

Nothing anymore!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
komaeda
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:30 pm

ok everyone really just needs to shut up
stop ranting and actually act on your feelings instead of whining about it

We stood beside//A frozen sea
I saw you out//In front of me
Reflected light//A hollow moon
O Orpheus, it's over too soon

Back to top Go down
View user profile
grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Okay, sorry, but this thing isn't coming at that good of a time. Most of us are just starting school, and I don't know about anybody else, but I'm trying to concentrate on getting good grades right now, because apparently missing 2 on a math test equals a B, and one crossword assignment not done in pen equals like.. -7, which is a C. So, I'm not really interested in all this.. Well, whining. I can't stay up late anymore. I have to go to marching band, and do a musical practice tonight. Sorry for not being all that interested in this stuff anymore, it's kind of hard to be, with all this stuff going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:34 pm

You know what fine. Fuck this, you guys never listen to me either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 pm

You guys, if we really cared about our roleplaying as much as our rants say we do, we should do something about it. We've had several enlightenment posts and none of them have had any long lasting effects on this forum.

Justine, just because we say we're busy and that we need to act on our feelings instead of making these posts does not mean you have an excuse to get mad at us. We're listening to you. We just don't directly agree with you.

AND TALK LIKE THIS

"liv can u add the kerm on the right im eating dorites"

"Don't look, I'm not yaoi. XD"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 pm

oh, and

Pidge wrote:
I want us to go into the third generation by the end of this year without hesitation

you're funny.

AND TALK LIKE THIS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
komaeda
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:14 pm

okay i didn't even see that
justine, you're officially retarded. sorry, but no.
no.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:22 pm

It's not like I don't love you. And it's not like I don't want to roleplay or something.. It's just a bad time. And it seems everyone excluding me and Amanda has written one of these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:06 pm

i love how people post these long rants and then everybody forgets about them the next day, including the person that wrote them.

AND TALK LIKE THIS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
komaeda
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 pm

yeah hey justine i replied in anywhere else if that counts

[ps fuk u gais rn't doin nethin in the yr]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Thu May 03, 2012 1:17 am

Kronk wrote:
oh, and

Pidge wrote:
I want us to go into the third generation by the end of this year without hesitation

you're funny.

HAHAHA this is still funny

AND TALK LIKE THIS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
komaeda
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:50 am

i've decided that i like hot chip and dislike like half of you guys so uh talk to me other places if you want
i mean not personally dislike. it's just that i'm in a pretty deep pit right now and seeing you guys isn't helping any.

going on hiatus. consider this like sarah "burying horses" except without the additional isolation loool

Kronk wrote:
Kronk wrote:
oh, and

Pidge wrote:

you're funny.

HAHAHA this is still funny

lol never stop

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Rant .   

Back to top Go down