At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lunchtime~~

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Dusty was settled at his table, munching contently on a delicious bagel with cream cheese spread upon it. His light blond hair was brushed ever-so-poshly, and he looked so settled and such. Then, suddenly, a giant owl dropped down his Daily Prophet- which he signed up for once he found out how amazingly awesome it was.
"Oh, it's late today, the letters and such!" he said, and rolled open the Daily Prophet. Look at that! He then read the article.

AZKABAN BREAK-IN
By Rodwrick (Rick) Allen-Hughes

Last night, approximately just past 12:01, the Auror offices got urgent messages from the human guards which have been placed at Azkaban a decade or so ago demanding for backup. Apparently, there were break-ins moments before. The Aurors arrived within moments in numerous search parties to perform a complete hunt of the area in need of discovering disturbances. Strangely enough, nothing at all had changed within the prison itself, except for leaving an unsettling nerve throughout every Auror and guard.

"It was almost as if we were pranked by the guards," said the sweet Eric Kire, the assistant Auror of well-known Auror Nicolas Sawyer. Their boss and loyal mentor, and conscience in every step of their life, Blaine Bradford, declined that statement, though, with the fact that the guards themselves looked quite scared and "set to piss themselves" as his own words.

Another anonymous source (one of the guards) declared that it all started with a rather large explosion and voices heard all around them. But once they arrived in time and began search parties, it was as if nothing had ever happened.

The weirdest part of this all? Well, every single prisoner in Azkaban hadn't disappeared, nor did they show a spark of plotting.

Who knows what this was all about? What will further investigations lead to? (cntd pg 9)

Dusty stared at the article, kind of skipping every other word. It was a very boring article. He then set it aside, and continued eating his bagel.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Matthew on the other hand had transfigured his Daily Prophet into a plane. Not a flimsy paper one, no, one structured similarly to a model one collectors had, but with a news paper design. As he ate his turkey sandwich, he had charmed it to go whizzing across the Great Hall.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Phil stared at the the paper airplane, and he sighed and shook his head, just like a disapproving father would.

"You know magic isn't allowed in the Great Hall during meal times!" Phil said. "We're BOTH going to get in trouble."
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 pm

"Nwot dif day dunno who's wand--" Matthew was speaking with a full mouth of turkey, but he swallowed and continue, "We can't get busted if they can't see my want." He motioned to the newspaper covered his wand, "Also, you've gotta admit it's sick!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Phil rolled his eyes. To him, it looked just like any other paper airplane.

"It's alright, but I think the winds are a bit off. They can fly better if you make their wings sharper." he said, while attempting to fold his own paper airplane, to outdo Matt.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Matt laughed, "Oh my dear Phil! Folding it! Just transfigure it like I did!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Phil rolled his eyes. "If you fold it manually, you get a better airplane. See?" And held his up, and it was indeed, and ideal looking paper airplane, with perfect smooth corners.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Matt looked defeated for a split second, and then bounced back up again, "Oh, but can your's do this?" He swished his wand a bit, the plane followed and did a perfect figure eight.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 pm

"Of course," Phil said, and soon he enough, with a wave of his wand, the paper airplane was soaring through the air, doing fancy little flips and turns, and yes, a figure eight. "Anyone can, with a little bit of magic."
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Matt, now looking sour, had his plane land on Phil's head and turn into a papery rose. "Why can't we do this in class? It's so much more fun!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:39 pm

"I agree! But they probably think that learning to fold and fly paper airplanes magically isn't apart of a proper wizarding education or something." Phil said, pursing his lips.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Matt sighed, "I suppose. I usually have to dig through the library to learn the stuff I want to kno--" He caught himself, shutting up immediately. He wasn't supposed to be the library guy! No! "So-uhm-what's new?" He said, desperate for a topic change.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Phil leaned over, and grinned at him mischievously. It looks like Matt just caught himself.

"Matthew L. Summerfield, YOU went into the library the other day ago, it seems?" Phil demanded to know.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Matt shifted in his seat uncomfortably, "You're supposed to be the smart one Philly! Smart enough to realize I don't go to libraries."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:36 pm

"Well, of course. I'm also smart enough to see that you're lying through your teeth." he said cheekily. No rhyme intended.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Matthew sighed, "Just, hush. I go to the library a ton. I'm curious about some transfiguration we don't do in class, so, I go there, usually during meals or quidditch games."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:43 pm

"...I knew it! You HAD to be running off somewhere? But you BETTER go to the Quidditch game that's coming up in a couple weeks!" Phil exclaimed brightly. "It's the first game of the season, and everyone goes to those."
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Matthew eased- the conversation had changed, "Why of course I'm coming, Phil! That is one of the best games for betting."
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:34 pm

"Betting? Oh yeah, you're Mr. Super Lucky. I forgot." he said, staring at him suspiciously. "Anyway, it's supposed to be a great game-Gryffindor VS. Slytherin. I think Slytherin has it, personally."
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Matt rolled his eyes, "You and every single other person will be betting that. How could you though? You haven't seen any of the new team members, or watched any practices!"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:16 pm

"Remember last year? They absolutely massacred everyone. But, I think Ravenclaw also has a chance this year. And besides, Gryffindor is going to be dismal. Did you see our new captain?"
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Matt shrugged, "There's still a lot of things that could happen. Playing in weather that one team is better prepared for, sudden injury, you have to account for these things, Phil."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Caroline Yashnid stomped into the Great Hall, her expression daring any poor soul to cross her. She was looking, looking.. found. She stomped over to her targets- Matt and Phil.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Indeed, it WAS mail day. And today, the Sawyer's family owl, Hermes, a small, tawny-brown colored owl flew over Josiah's head, and dropped a letter nearby him. The parchment it was written was a little crumpled and old, and the ink was smudged some places.

Quote :
Hi Josiah,

How are you today? I'm alright, actually. Things are a little crazy right now. Did you hear about the break-in in Azcaban Azkaban? My dad's name was in the Daily Prophet, but my mum is freeking freaking out about it. My dad doesn't seem to happy either. I think it's because he's worried about working overtime, but sometimes, I just don't understand him. I love him and all, but my mum says that he's been through a lot of things, and when I asked her about what kind of things, she just told me to feed the chickens. I don't always get her, too.

How's school ? Is it very hard? Do you get a lot of homework? Sometimes, Sophia writes home complaining about how much work she gets because she's in all N.E.W.T classes, but I think it serves her right if she wanted to take all of those. I'm kinda nervous to start school next year, but I guess if you like it, then I will too!

Anyway, I had some friends come over the other day ago. It's nice when they do, because things can get lonely without everyone around. I can't wait for summer to come, and everyone will be home!

That's about it. I hope you get this letter... what's been going on lately? Have they been getting lost in the post? Anyway, bye!

-Anthony

~

"Yes, but I'm POSITIVE they're going to want the weather and all the players to be in top shape for the FIRST game, at least! The others don't in between the first and last don't matter as much." Phil said confidently.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Matthew was prepared to reply to Phil, until he saw Caroline and began to grin devilishly. "Why hello, Miss. What's up?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lunchtime~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunchtime~~   Lunchtime~~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunchtime~~
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child :: Archives :: First Year-
Jump to: