At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns

Go down 
+2
komaeda
Armin Worldwide
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Empty
PostSubject: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Since next-gen is up in the air, and coming really close, here's a list of questions that should be filled out so we all get a fair opinion on how next-gen is going to go. Please provide an actual answer and not "no cuz i said so" or "I don't care." And if you think there should be any other things added or removed, post your suggestions and we'll go from there.

Q: Should there be a villain?
-Q: And if there is a villain, what would he or she be like?

Q: Should we start in the new main characters' first year, or start in second again?

Q: Should the characters be best friends with each other, like in first generation? Or should there be smaller groups and characters that downright hate each other [for most of the school years, if not all, rather than just a month like first gen].

Q: Should we come up with new characters and a new headmaster/mistress, considering the teachers were quite old twenty years ago? This is NOT saying that the entire staff list should be redone. We WILL need a new headmaster/mistress and a DAtDA teacher at the very least.

Q: Do you think we should add extracurricular activities to do around school, as suggested by Stephanie?

Q: Should we spend some time focusing on the classes and grades for our new characters? Like, should we put time into explaining stuff like class-work or homework and there strengths and weaknesses in them?

Q: When we get to the later years where the characters pick electives, should we put some effort into those classes as well?

Q: Should we also talk and expand the characters' home life as well?

Q: Do you think we should have a rule regulating post length, so we don't spam one-lined replies? [For example, your post has to be a certain length.]

Q: How do you feel about your OC's playing for their house team in Quidditch?
-Q: If so, how would the Quidditch games be regulated? Since Gryffindor won't be winning all of the time, there should be a fair

Q: Do you have an idea to fix the lack of magic in the roleplay?

Q: How would you feel if they added some sort of physical education class you could take as an elective in your third year and up?

Q: How do we fix the trend of all the characters being healthy and fit?

Q: How do we fix the trend that all the characters are good looking? [Note: There is nothing wrong with a pretty character, but we at least need some awkward-looking people.]

Q: How will we work in our original characters into the roleplay?

Q: What are we going to do for nicknames/custom titles?
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 pm

*Maybe like remaining death eaters and thriving racism or something.

Q: Should we start in the new main characters' first year, or start in second again?
*First, just because.

Q: Should the characters be best friends with each other, like in first generation? Or should there be smaller groups and characters that downright hate each other [for most of the school years, if not all, rather than just a month like first gen].
*How about we RP it and see how it turns out.

Q: Should we come up with new characters and a new headmaster/mistress, considering the teachers were quite old twenty years ago? This is NOT saying that the entire staff list should be redone. We WILL need a new headmaster/mistress and a DAtDA teacher at the very least.
*Yes.
**As a small tidbit, Harry sometimes subs for DADA. (pretty sure it's canon, saw it somewhere)

Q: Do you think we should add extracurricular activities to do around school, as suggested by Stephanie?
*Since you gave credit I'm automatically biased towards no.

Q: Should we spend some time focusing on the classes and grades for our new characters? Like, should we put time into explaining stuff like class-work or homework and there strengths and weaknesses in them?
*lol you're funny.

Q: When we get to the later years where the characters pick electives, should we put some effort into those classes as well?
*What is this, McKinley?

*YES

Q: Do you think we should have a rule regulating post length, so we don't spam one-lined replies? [For example, your post has to be a certain length.]
*OH HELL NO.

-Q: If so, how would the Quidditch games be regulated? Since Gryffindor won't be winning all of the time, there should be a fair
*Should be allowed.
*There's a dice function somewhere in the admin panel, we could try that.

*No.

Q: How would you feel if they added some sort of physical education class you could take as an elective in your third year and up?
*Physical education? In my Hogwarts?

*Have some fat kids.

Q: How do we fix the trend that all the characters are good looking? [Note: There is nothing wrong with a pretty character, but we at least need some awkward-looking people.]
*I see nothing wrong with that. It's fiction; even if there ARE ugly people in fiction they're usually only Hollywood-ugly.

*however it turns out

*Who cares, I'll be Ringo!Mogire!Beam if I damn well please. 8|
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

A: Yes. I'm thinking some sort of Umbridge character, or an insane man dreaming of reviving Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

A: Yes
A: What Liv said. But, I'm inclining to smaller groups and more enemies.

A: We'll have too. And, what Liv said is canon.

A: Yes, it gives characters more to do.

A: Yes, we should. This IS a Harry Potter/Hogwarts RP.

A: See Above answer.

A: Of course!

A: Yes, we should. If we were, we should have a required amount of words, at least.

A: Of course! It'll be funner that way. We should do the same thing with the house cup.

A. Find more chances to use it.

A: I don't really care. But, if were to have some form of class like that, it could be about playing Wizarding Sports and the History of them and such.

A: Just change it up a bit.

A: Same thing with the above question. We just need to change it up a bit.

A. Find/create chances too.

A: I'm not sure, actually.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Scorpius Malfoy and Rose Weasley should get together, for one, but Scorpius should be the villain. And, as others said, Death Eaters Hooray.
First year, of course! How will they meet each other? It's one of the most fun.
I think it would be more realistic if there were groups, but they don't all have to hate each other- two of the groups could be sort of friends, and a few of them could hate each other, but not all. I mean, it doesn't have to be war.
Canon states that McGonagall is the headmistress. And, go with canon characters from last gen to teach.
YES. And, don't be a bitch, Liv.
I think just mentioning their weaknesses and strengths will be enough.
YES. It really bothered me that everyone was in the same classes at the same time just because, and even with the electives, housemates should have classes together, and only a few with out of house friends.
OH, YES, OH YES YES YES. This is one of the most fun parts of the roleplay, and in my opinion, some of us can be a little lacking.
Oh, dear God, yes. I hate one-liners. You're waiting and waiting for a reply, in this dramatic moment..
And all you get is a "He leaned forward, smiled, and kissed her." HOW BORING. HOW DREADFULLY BORING.
At least two lines, please. And, Liv, don't be lazy.
I say we randomize it, with one team the clear winner. And, OC's playing for Quidditch- it's not mary sueish, unless they're the best ever! Even if they are rather skilled, it's not totally mary-sueing. And, if your player gets knocked off a broom or something by another player, it could've been planned before so it's not godmodding.
YES, OH YES OH YES OH YES. I was thinking that maybe the rule against magic against peers could be lifted in order to get students to practice more. That would make it so brilliantly easy to use magic!
Realistic, sort of undesirable for our characters, but ... realistic.
I'm making a fat one, personally.
As I said, I'm expanding myself. I dunno about the rest of you.
Parents, of course! Or, in the newspapers. Or, even better, rumors. Or, even better, lampshading!
I don't have an idea about that, but everyone should be pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:08 pm

OKAY, I CALL ONE OF MY CHARACTERS TO BE THE QUIDDITCH ANNOUNCER. |D
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Serenity R wrote:

Canon states that McGonagall is the headmistress.

First off, you're hilarious.

Second, she had finished her term by 2017.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:34 pm

TIME PARADOX
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 am

Death Eaters trying to remake it all.

First year. Didn't you guys start second in this gen. because we already did first on VMK?

Groups would be realistic, but not hating THAT much.

We'll need to =/

Eh, yeah but they need to be magical.

YES.

YES.

YES

Yes. Two lines +

I feel the OC's should be able to, seeing as we need it to add magic. Gryffindor isn't overuling quidditch masters anymore, [at least we don't know] so yes. Yes they should.

More classes, more magic duels to settle fights, ect.

MAGICAL school.

Unsure.

They should all be a bit awkward during the first 4 arcs... =/

We could have random work posts, and more involved parents during breaks.

[/i]?[i]
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Glee Club.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Yes! Of course. Then the excitement wouldn't be as fun in the role play. Despite all the things we have planned, we'll all loose interest. =/
Violent. I want Next Gen. to be full of adventure, and darkness. But, no drama. At least not for a few years. Because, all the drama is getting tiring. But, what the villian(s) should be like, is a group of Death Eaters join together to get their revenge on Hogwarts. In doing so, they infiltrate the school with spies, and plan attacks and invasions. Of course, this leads to many epic battles, but also we want some serene years, right? But, yes, there HAS to be a villain next year!!

First year.

Smaller groups. But, they all interact with each other like last gen, at least.

Apparently, Professor McGonagall becomes Headmaster, and apparently wizards DO live older than ordinary muggles, right? so, we could just say that we keep Professor McGonagall, but there should still have the Defense Against Dark Arts job jinxed.

Ehhh.... =w= Not really up for it, sorry. I think it's a good idea, but pretty much just a chess club, dueling club, etc. Buuut... a drama club WOULD be nice. I think it's a good idea, but I don't think I'm that enthusiastic for it. It's kind of middle/middle for me.

YES! We should have a separate page for ALL the homework for each year! If wanted I could take care of that. I'd LOVE to. I think it would be fun to invent homework, and such. So, yes. We should focus on the homework. And have a small section on each student where the grades of theirs are written.

Yes, we should.

I don't know, we did that quite a bit last year, but it would be good to put thought into.

No. Trust me, I was on a role play forum like that, it wasn't fun. It was really tough to explain it all, and sometimes posts were hard to think up. BUT, we SHOULD have a fair rule of how much information to put into the reply, to help the other person find a good thing to reply.

Love.
Yes, that's true. We'll make sure it's fair, right?

More battles involving everyone, more focus on school. We all know that. But I don't know how to KEEP that idea on track.

I think that would be rather cool.

Well, there's Quidditch, right? But only seven people per house enter that. We could make it so there are rotations, and... umm, we could add some more sports, or invent wizarding sports we could use.

This could work in puberty. Make them go through oily hair, pimples, weight gain, etc.

Kelsi is going to be a teacher. But only two-three years, because then she's going to start Defense Against Dark Arts, and get pregnant (hence the jinx on the job.)

Dunno. What do you mean by that?
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:57 pm

(Just a note. After Voldemort is defeated, the jinx is broken-and that's canon.)
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I have a suggestion.

How about this gen, we actually create rules and follow them.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Exactly! I'm going to be creating a rules topic eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Serenity R wrote:

Glee Club.

Hogwarts already has a choir-in the third movie, they perform at the Back to School year feast. XD
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:09 pm

And in the first one.

Rachel M. wrote:
I have a suggestion.

How about this gen, we actually create rules and follow them.
oh u

Last edited by Cantaloupe on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 pm

DO THEY HAVE A CHOIR?! YESSSSS! <3

Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Also, I'd like to play the teachers for Divination, Astronomy, and (maybe) Arthimancy. =w=
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Next Gen. Underclassmen are going to be as big as in the main, right?
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:51 pm

STOP FUCKING ALL OVER THE DAMN SCHOOL

IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT, DO SO TASTEFULLY

JESUS
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Oh hello.

JUST BRAINSTORMING GOSH. >:U
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 pm

oh no it's a suggestion. just in general.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Q: Should there be a villain? Yes.
HUGH GERALDSON.
There should be no main characters. We should start with whatever everyone else chooses...
I vote for cliques. It happens in real life, you know.
Yup. Except, McGonagall should stick around. I love her.
Yessssssss!
I think I would absolutely hate this, but we should at least try. I mean, I DO NOT WANT TO GO INTO DETAIL ABOUT HOW MY CHARACTER SAT IN CLASS. I DON'T WANT TO GO INTO DETAIL ABOUT HOW (S)HE SPENT 45 MINUTES ON HER HOMEWORK. I just want to say, "Soandso sat down in the common room and worked on soandsoclass' homework, occasionally looking things up, for around 45 minutes." That's it. The rest of all that stuff is too much like homework. I might write down an example question, like.. "SOANDSO stared at the question- what are moonstones made out of?- blankly. Weren't moonstones made out of moons?" Or something like that. I don't want to have to list out every strength, weakness, homework question, errant thought in class..

Not anymore than the person wants to. I thought the home lives last gen were pretty good.
YESSSSSS!
Q: How do you feel about your OC's playing for their house team in Quidditch? I have one OC that I definitely want to be a beater.
-Q: If so, how would the Quidditch games be regulated?
I think there should be a vote on which team has the most talent, etc. etc.

Okay. It would make a few of my characters hate the teachers with a burning passion, though.
I dunno. Make them have a plausible reason to be healthy and fit (have them excercise, or not eat, or eat really healthy or something.)
No idea.

Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Serenity R wrote:
Q: Should there be a villain? Yes.
HUGH GERALDSON.

fuckyeahhughgeraldson
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Cantaloupe wrote:

JESUS

I lol'd. XD
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:06 am

Co-written by liv&liz

--hugh geraldson and kyle jones forever ("don't hate")

--we started in first but we should have started in second year

--WE SHOULD ALL BE FRIENDS FOREVER
--aka, whatever we damn well please

--mcgonagall forever
--we can still have new teachers though (billows)

--N.O.

--when have we ever? ("fuck you")

--no

--THIS IS THE BEST IDEA

--no, we wouldn't even follow it anyway

--lol no one cares about quidditch anymore

--use it more often
--Aka, think realistically (as far as the Harry Potter world is concerned). Wizards do not know anything about Muggle technology, hence, they would have to rely on magic. I think it's safe to say that most wizards use magic around the house on a daily basis (Molly Weasley always had her wand in her apron, for example).
--wizards rule muggles drool

--aww hell no why is this even a suggestion
--they get enough exercise hiking around Hogwarts all the time
--unnnnnggghhhhh

--they hike around a giant fucking castle like eight or nine times a day, there's no reason they wouldn't be healthy and fit. even longbottom evened out.

--hogwarts only accepts beautiful people, the rest are muggles

--they're parents of course they'd be included ("and they die")

--whatever we damn well please

Hugh Geraldson wrote:

JESUS

Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Oh_hugh_by_0liviarose-d3fucky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child :: BIG FUCKING WASTELAND :: Rules. Guidelines. Other Stuff.-
Jump to: